Facility Usage Update
Disclaimer: Our Reopening Policies are set up to comply with ordinances from the City of Joplin and the City of Carl Junction.
Joplin Family Y and the City of Carl Junction are opening Bulldog Beach Memorial Day weekend and closes the day before CJ School Opens.
- Joplin Family Y Members get in free; membership cards must be presented.
- Community Season Passes are $60 for an individual pass and $120 for a family pass.
- Daily passes are $3.50.
- Friday, May 22, is our Open House and Free Swim from 2 – 4 pm; we will begin selling Community Season Passes at our Open House.
- The pool will open on Saturday, May 23; pool hours are 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm. The pool will be closed Saturday, July 4.
Please Note: All children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult 16 years of age or older
Bulldog Beach will follow State guidelines for social distancing and swimming pool capacity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Changes due to COVID-19
- Concessions will not be available
- Lounge chairs will not be provided
- Community Season Passes are encouraged to reduce exchange of daily cash
- Facility capacity will be reduced to 50%
As we continue to phase in operations to our new normal, we have two big announcements starting Thursday, May 14:
1. We have updated our hours:
- Monday – Friday: 5 am – 7 pm
- Saturday: 7 am – 2 pm
- Sunday: Closed
2. We will be phasing in pool operations on a limited basis (please see more info below).
Opening the pool is a major step in getting to our new normal, and we would like to let you know what to expect. Please note that our reopening complies with the City of Joplin’s ordinances.
- To ensure the safety of swimmers and lifeguards, pool doors will be open to ensure air circulation.
- The pool will be open from 5 am to 12 pm Monday – Friday in limited 45-minute slots.
- From 5 am – 7 am, all lanes will be open for lap swim (one swimmer per lane).
- From 7 am to 12 pm, two lanes will be open for therapeutic swim and one lane will remain open for lap swim.
- All members wanting to swim must call ahead to reserve a 45-minute slot at (417) 781-9622; we will begin taking reservations Wednesday, May 13, at 12:00 pm.
- Locker rooms currently are still not available.
- No free swim or family swim at this time.
We look forward to Thursday and appreciate the patience of our members as we work to ensure our community’s safety.
We are excited to announce we’ll begin reopening on May 4! We want to keep our members safe and protected during their time at the Joplin Family Y, so we are taking precautions by following guidelines set by the CDC, state and local authorities. On May 4, we’ll begin reopening in phases and gradually get back to a new normal.
YMCA Phase 2 – Changes in our Facility
- Members must maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance between each other.
- All staff and members will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility.
- All members must scan in.
- All members must sign an updated waiver and release form. The form may be downloaded below and printed. Please mail your forms to us at 3404 W. McIntosh Circle, Joplin, MO 64804.
- Staff will be wearing masks.
- Facility use will only be for Joplin members during this phase.
- We will have two controlled access to the facility: main entrance for members, east door for essential child care services.
- Pool and Child Watch will not be open during this phase.
- Facility hours 6 am to 7 pm, Monday through Friday, Saturday 7 am to 4 pm, closed Sunday.
- Our upstairs is fully open; please ensure you maintain social distancing.
- Virtual classes will continue.
- Locker rooms will be closed; showers will not be available; please come dressed in workout attire.
- We will not offer towel service.
- Coffee will not be available.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Members must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- You must be 14 to enter the facility.
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through our website and social media to meet federal, state, and local guidelines. We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltered at home.
Please see our updated waiver and release form below:
Updated Waiver and Release
If you are not a member and would like to become one, you may fill out and mail the following form to us at 3404 W. McIntosh Circle, Joplin, MO 64804:
If you are in need of financial assistance, please include the following form with your membership application
Membership Scholarship Application